Beschorneria Yuccoides belongs to the genus Beschorneria and to the subfamily of the agave.
Overview of Beschorneria Yuccoides
• It is a flowering plant.
• Beschorneria yuccoides grows stemless.
• There are 20 to 35 linear-lanceolate leaves.
• They are widened at the base.
• The leaves are leathery and tapered.
• They are narrowed above the base.
• This is to about 1.25 centimeters.
• The top is bald.
• The bottom is rough.
• The leaf is 40 to 60 cm long and 3.3 to 3.5 cm wide.
• The inflorescence grows up to a height of 100 to 180 cm.
Scientific Classification of Beschorneria Yuccoides
• Kingdom : Plantae
• Order : Asparagales (Asparagales)
• Family : Asparagus plants (Asparagaceae)
• Subfamily : Agave (Agavoideae)
• Genus : Beschorneria
• Binomial name : Beschorneria yuccoides
• As the name indicates, Mexican Lilies originated in Mexico.
• Consequently, they need an extremely warm climate to thrive. You maintain your house warm enough, you could possibly develop these lilies inside your home.
• Zones appropriate for Mexican lilies are 9 and 10, that are the zones appropriate for Mexican lilies .
• In warm environments, Mexican lilies are perennials that will develop to a height of six to eight feet.
• They should be planted in a location wherein they are going to get six to eight hours of full sun.
• Even though bear slight shade, it is going to unfavorably influence the size and color of its blossoms.
• Fortunately, it possesses the ability to tolerate brief periods of drought, so if you reside in arid circumstances wherein almost every other plant wither and die, the Mexican lily can become your trusty new best friend.
• The soil needs to have a pH level between 7 and 8 .5.
• If you want to modify your pH level, it is strongly recommended that you do it the year before in order to not damage the plant with any specific substances you might consider using.
• It thrives in sandy loam to loam soil and, however it is drought-tolerant, it likes normal to moist soil.
• Water properly before and after planting, to avoid root burn.
• By offering the required amount of water at the appropriate times, it is going to lead to deep, dark green foliage as well as dazzling and vibrant red flowers.
• It is strongly recommended that you choose to feed with a 10-10-10 fertilizer monthly and get rid of any dead flowers by means of the blooming period to promote the growth and progression of extra blossoms.
• At the end of the growing period in late fall, lay down a six inch layer of mulch around the root of the plant.
• This will likely shield it from any severe temperatures which come in the duration and guarantee strenuous growth the following year.